Sunday, April 22, 2012

April Has Been Sew Crazy!

Where am I when I'm not blogging? I'll give you a hint:

Did you guess sewing? Sewing machine collecting?

If you guessed both, you're right.

I currently own 17 full & 3/4 size vintage machines, 1 toy machine, and oodles of vintage & antique sewing gadgets. I'd be remiss if I owned that many, but never put them to good use, right?

Right.

And this past month, the entire month of April, I have certainly been following thru with the requirements of a good sewing machine owner.

Easter was the first order of business. The Blonde needed a dress, of course, *I* needed a dress (every year I say this, this year, I made it happen), and something for the Brains and the Brawn.

Oliver +s Family Reunion Dress
Vintage Vogue 2960
Actually, my grandmother made the Brawn  his overalls, but I had to alter them to actually fit him. The downside of living over a thousand miles apart. She used a vinatge pattern that she used for my dad, which I think is very cool.

Unfortunately, I ran out of time/ideas for the Brain, but I had scored him these really cute shorts at Gymboree back in January during the Red Balloon sale, and paired with a yellow polo, he looked fantastic. Dog agreed.

.....
The second order of business, the Blonde grew. Taller. So she needed some clothes for spring/summer/fall. I made a few things.
Oliver +s Puppet Show Bloomer Shorts

Oliver +s Family reunion Dress with Vintage Buttons
Oliver +s 2+2 Blouse with Button Detail


Oliver +s 2+2 Blouse
Oliver +s Class Picnic Blouse

Oliver +s School Photo Dress

.....
The third order of business? Me. Mama needed some cute dresses for church and work. And, really, doesn't a fabulous dress make everyone feel amazing?

Both made with Vintage Vogue 8789 and pictured with my crinoline to show off the fullness of the fabulous skirts.

.....

So, there you have it. Well, this and all the wedding and prom at work, but really, this is what you want to see anyway, right?

And now, tomorrow is the start of Kids clothes Week Challenge, so you know what that means. More sewing! Just for kids. Stay tuned for (hopefully) daily updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment