Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Elsie Marley, You're Killing Me.

Have you ever heard of Kids clothes Week Challenge? It's the brain child of Elsie Marley, sewing blogger extroidenair. The goal is to sew one hour a day, for one week, on clothes for your kids.

Sound easy?

It's not.

I mean, sure, you would think that your kids, husband, dog, cat, job, neighbor, friend, phone & life  would leave you alone for one hour to sew in peace, right?

Pft.

And, as it stands, this week is Kids Clothes Sewing Challenge, and my week was booked full before I even knew the challenge was to be. It's prom season, which means I work 3 days. The Blonde has dance class on Monday evening. The church is hosting a drama filled presentation for kids Sunday-Wednesday, and the Brain wants to be there. I volunteer in the kitchen at church on Wednesday evenings. The Brawn's fourth birthday is the 29th. There are uniform pants needed back to their owners before May 1st. Oh, and lets just throw in regular old life.

I am, clearly, nuts.

Because, while I didn't get a chance to sew yesterday (day 1), I made up for it today (day 2).

I give you, the results Kids Clothes Weeks Challenge, Days 1 & 2:




made with blue corderoy and Lissett lawn


made with purple tweed



made with JoAnn's clearance fabric

Won't you join us? It's not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment