Saturday, January 29, 2011

Budding Artist

The Brawn is a tough, rough, bash 'em, smash 'em, take no prisoners type of guy.  He crashes, thumps, bellows, roars and head butts the unsuspecting.
.
My baby is all boy.
.
With a soft side.
.
The Brawn has a secret. 
.
He's an artist
.
Finger painting is a multimedia experiement that includes using various toys and objects to create prints and designs.  He also enjoys painting his hair, skin, clothes, and on more than one occassion, the dog.
.
There is passion in his art.
.
Markers and crayons have become his mural creating tools.  He's colored the stairs, the walls, the glass in my windows, the floor, and himself.
.
His art is life.
.
I decided it was time to expand his portfolio.
.
.
Watercolor!
.
He could barely wait for my instruction for using a brush and how water makes the colors come to life.  His eager hands snatched the paintbrush and away he went!
.

.
He concentrated so hard on holding his paintbrush just so.  For well over an hour he swirled, blended, smeared and spilled paint accross his paper.
.
"Go Away, Mom!" he would yell when he thought I came too near.
.

.
With his pudgy little hands, he held his paints in place while he dipped his brush in each color and in the water in the lid.  He needed no extra help from me.
.
.
So big, so creative, so thoughtful, so confident.
.
.
His baby and toddler-hood days are so over.
.
Hold me while I cry
.
.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment